Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Yech.

Yesterday was just one of those days I knew something would happen. So I wasn't all that surprised to get a call. Ragsy smelled a little off but wasn't acting any differently and didn't have a fever, so I assumed it was ok to send him along to daycare. And it was - for about three hours.

Ragsy has pink eye. It's very gross. I ran over to daycare yesterday after they called me and he greeted me with an excited, "Mommy, yay!" while looking like a miniature Quasimodo with goo seeping out of his right eye. Sadly, it's traveled to the other eye already - it took just a matter of hours. Kids are just really yucky. Not in a completely horrible way, but they get really gross really frequently and easily. Plus, the goo and swelling in his eyes made him a little clumsy last night, so he kept falling over, which he found less than fun after the second or third time.

He's on drops now - who would have thought toddlers were so freaking strong and cunning? Getting those things in his eyes is like World War III every time. Anyway, my husband are tag-team parenting again today - he took first shift; I got to work at 7 a.m. and will be on my way home in a couple of hours. I have no idea what to do with him this afternoon. I guess we'll stay home and play - he'll be bored but I don't want to infect other kids. Damn. Everytime he's sick I fantasize about him not being sick and the two of us just enjoying a day at the park. Too bad I only seem to get that extra cuddle time with him when he's runny and gooey and crabby. I need to take some time off. This stinks.

No comments: