Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A day off?

It is wonderful to have a day off. Ragsy is at daycare, though I'll pick him up early. My husband is at work. I'm apparently relaxing. But I can't relax. I don't know when it happened, but at some point, cleaning became a liesure activity. I think it's because I rarely get to do it without a child or husband underfoot. With that in mind, before I pick Ragsy up, I intend to spend at least an hour writing.

Other things I'd like to do this week while I have time off (assuming that my husband, who's off tomorrow and Friday to celebrate our anniversary permits):

1. Garden - trim the hedges between our house and next door; finish mixing the new hummus with the rest of the soil and remulch and plant the veggie and flower seeds I have.

2. Buy an electric mower that works and patio furniture. Oooh. And maybe a grill for BBQ.

3. Sew. I haven't gotten to do that in forever.

4. Eat out and maybe even see a movie. (The last one I saw in the theater was last March when we saw The 300.)

There are tons of other things I can think of, but those are at the top of the list for right now.

1 comment:

BriteLady said...

Every time I have "free time" these days, I get too stressed out trying to fit in way too many "leisure" activities. Its' silly, really, but there are not enough hours in the day.

BTW, we have an electric mower that we are not using that you are welcome to if you like. Free of charge. Caveats: it is not new, by any stretch (was owned by Merl's grandparents, probably a good 20+ years old). I believe it needs a new belt (I'd have to double-check with Merl...it was some relatively inexpensive part). It does not have any sort of rechargeable battery, but you actually plug it in with a heavy-duty power cord. It is completely unsuitable for our steep hill (must use a self-propelled or risk losing limbs out there--I think it took only one or two attempts with the electric before we bought a new mower), so it's been masqerading as a huge orange paperweight in our garage for several years. (Did I mention my husband's a packrat? He won't throw out anything...but will generally give things away). Let us know if you're interested :)