Friday, April 18, 2008

Just when I managed to relax...

We just had a very mild earthquake, I think. What was funny about it was that before I went to bed I wa. s convinced something was going to happen tonight, so I walked around replacing all the old batteries in the flashlights and put them in our room, wondering what we'd do if there were some sort of disaster.

The dogs in the neighborhood are finally calming down. Anyway, waking like that has always given me a start. It used to happen all the time in Chile, where anything under 7.0 was considered a temblor or tremor. My host family thought it hilarious that it used to freak me out so much, but I've never gotten over it. And it's too close to the time I'd need to wake up anyway, so I figured I'd just get out of bed.

Surprisingly, the lightest sleeper in the world, aka my son, didn't wake up at all. He just sighed and sounded like he was rolling over. I remember when I used to be a heavy sleeper. Guess I should call my mom on the way to work this morning - I'm sure she's fine, but she probably got a start.

No comments: