Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When do you know your mom is gone?

When you're left with a ridiculously quiet house, an irate toddler and a very, very sore stomach. Ouch. Although I'm actually quite happy the house is silent for a change, now I can hear every creak and pop. And mom, while frequently irritating, is sometimes pleasant to be around. Plus, Ragsy is not happy to have lost his Nanima for the next few weeks. Fortunately we'll be visiting her in three weeks or so and he'll get to see his aunt and uncle as well. And, holy monkey, my frig and kitchen are full of things I'd never buy on my own:

1. Chips. These are generally reserved for parties.

2. Three types of ice cream. We try to keep it to one type max and forget it's there.

3. Three types of cookie. Sadly, cookies are my favorite food group. But I've managed to avoid them the past few days thanks to a very gross-feeling stomach.

4. Huge chunks of meat. I like meat, but since we eat it only once or twice a week, it kills my stomach to eat it every day. Like the last five days. Hence the extremely sore stomach.

5. White bread.

6. Hot dogs.

7. Breakfast links.

8. Tubs and tubs of full-fat cream cheese mixed with butter and basil and dried tomatoes. I never knew they mixed cream cheese and butter. It seems somehow wrong. Very wrong.

9. Heavy cream.

10. Cake. Lots of carrot cake.

So, if anyone's interested in a really weird breakfast, show up sometime. I'll feed you. Tons of meat, tons of sweets and lots of cream. Hmmm... Maybe I'll make tamales tonight.

Ah, yes - a more pointless post there never was.

1 comment:

flatflo said...

But you have my stomach growling!

I sit at my desk reading this and contemplating a breakfast bar for lunch, or do I run out and grab something. Hmmm...Breakfast bar loses!