Friday, September 19, 2008

Glow.

Are you going to the Balloon Glow tonight? I think we are. I love this yearly event, and Ragsy is right at the age when he'll be starting to appreciate 1) staying up "late" and 2) the Glow itself. Plus, he won't turn into as much of a pumpkin after being out at night. Ever since he saw a hot-air balloon in the sky last week, he's been demanding one of his own. Then again, he's also been asking to have a full-size train in his room. Neither is going to happen, but I see no problem taking him to a free event where he can see balloons.

This week has been strange. I think I'll be getting a job offer next week and I'm still debating over whether or not I'd like to take it. It's dealing with products under the set of regs I'm accustomed to now, plus a new set, only in this case, I'll be the primary owner of said products, including their development, maintenance, packaging, education and training. Yikes.

I'm debating, though, because I may be receiving a competing offer. But I guess I'm still at maybe, so I shouldn't worry until I have a reason to do so. Any way, a two and a half hour meeting is generally a good sign, no?

Anyway, Ragsy has been a little poop lately. He's been wanting me and only me and letting both me and my husband have it morning and night. He enjoys daycare, but doesn't want to go in the morning and doesn't want to leave at night. I guess something is going on in his head or his body. As soon as he sees his dad in the morning, he goes ballistic, crying and screaming for him to leave, then shrieking for me. He's been through this all before, but it's more frustrating since it stopped for a while, then started again.

I think that's the most frustrating thing about kids - to take a giant leap forward, they need to take one or two steps back and you just have to be patient, work through it and eventually they'll get to the other side, but the waiting can be awful. Oh, well. I guess I'll just let him cling and give him extra attention to help him through. Though I have to say, being the person your kid comes to when they're at their worst is not fun. Funny how being the mom means that you get most of the crap work. But the good stuff far outweighs the bad and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: