Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Now that's multitasking.

This whole post is going to be pretty much stream of consciousness. I've been watching too much TV. Anyway, I think I've finally joined the ranks of women who can do other stuff while breastfeeding. Last night, I found myself herding Ragsy around the house with Evelyn at the breast and talking to my husband on the phone (he was late getting home from work and has finally been trained enough to call me if he'll be late). I was stupidly proud of myself, even though I don't generally like talking on the phone while Ragsy's around.

Anyway, now I'm typing with a baby on my chest because my brain is rotting from the amount of TV I've been watching while parked in this chair. I've seen a movie, watched an episode of the Haunting and now, for some incomprehensible reason, I'm watching My Super Sweet 16. This must end.

Other than that, I had a temporary freak out today. This kid slept through the night last night, then took a three-hour nap this morning from which I could not wake her, even with diaper changes, clothing changes and generally pestering her. It was bad enough I actually called the doctor, who called me back and told me, "I think you just have a good baby. Most people would kill for a kid like that, but people who have them can't believe it - it makes them nervous instead. Enjoy it and feel free to call me if you still have questions." I love our pediatrician. Ok. I'm off. Evelyn reeks.

No comments: