Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Talking on maternity leave.

I forgot how many people call you "just to chat" when you're on maternity leave. I wish I liked talking on the phone more, because then I wouldn't mind that my mother, my brother-in-law and a few other family members have apparently determined that I'm not doing anything and would therefore like to spend an hour on the phone.

Okay, so the first part of that is true - I'm really not doing much. I've got Evelyn on my chest and obviously enough time to write two blog posts in one day. But still... My brother-in-law has called me twice (I've been screening) to tell me something "important," which means that Target has an electronics sale. My mom has called me asking me to call her back as soon as possible, again related to a retail purchase.

1 comment:

Simon Owens said...

Wiser Pregnancy just released a scientific survey that found that 60% of pregnant women take additional time off on top of their normal maternity leave and about 40% reduce the number of hours they work when they return.