Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Which came first?

It occurred to me as I was getting out of the shower that nursing bras very closely resemble cut-out bras that you'd normally get at sex shops and Fredrick's of Hollywood. So I'm wondering which came first - the nursing bra or the cut out? I'm guessing it's the latter rather than the former. People tend to be much more interested in boobs for sex's sake rather than functionality, though I guess there is a nursing fetish (don't ask how I know - I don't want to go into it; let's just say I know and I've been scarred).

Anyway, I obviously have too much time in my head on my hands. I've been watching almost as much television as my mother typically does and nursing about 6-7 hours a day, giving me ridiculous amounts of time to think of this stuff. Yikes - Evelyn is waking up again. I just got her off the breast long enough to get some food. Too bad I wasted that time eating croutons and a handful of chocolate chips for lunch. Something tells me I need to plan some meals and get to the grocery - not easy with a kid on a growth spurt. Good thing I found my sling. Maybe we can even eat as a family one night this week.

No comments: