Monday, December 7, 2009

Another day, another... well, another day.

I'm pretty dull at the moment, in two senses: I'm boring and I'm brain dead. Boring because I need to start reading news and actually doing stuff. Brain dead because it was another night of congestion. So, we found ourselves at 4 a.m., in a super steamy bathroom, bulb syringe in hand, baby in the other. What was really freaky was that she didn't struggle at all - she just laid there and allowed my husband to suction her. However, when I did it this afternoon, she screamed bloody murder. She's daddy's girl already.

I should feel rested, though, considering I got a whopping four hours of sleep tonight versus the hour I got the other day. Whatever. I guess this is something that just comes with the territory, especially when one kid is in pre-school.

I would've gotten two more hours of sleep had our son not shown up in our room at 4, letting me know that Humpty Dumpty was there and that he was scared of him. So, I went in to tell Humpty Dumpty to go away. That worked for all of 15 minutes. So I had to go threaten Humpty Dumpty with time out. That lasted 5 minutes. Once again, a demand for Humpty Dumpty to sod off. Finally, we caved and let Ragsy get into bed with us. By then it was 5 and Evelyn was waking up (thanks to our efforts to get Humpty Dumpty to leave), so the idea of sleep was basically a pipe dream.

Oh, well. Right now I'm sitting here, looking forward to the possible visit of a friend and listening to Evelyn start to wake up even though I walked her down for more than an hour and put her down maybe a half hour ago. There's just no sleep return on investment with this kid.

No comments: