Friday, December 18, 2009

Surely you must be jesting.

And now for something only tangentially baby-related. Okay, probably not so tangential, but anyway... I was just contacted by my former employer for freelance work in case I needed something to do on maternity leave. Huh. Interesting.

I'm intrigued - mostly because, while I do have a bit more free time than I did previously, someone assumes that my brain is working well enough to do freelance work for them at a very high billing rate (because I have no compunction about raking them over the coals). I'm tempted to say yes because it'd be a lot of money doing something I spent years doing, so it'd be second nature. But at the same time, I've got a new baby, am sleeping about 3-4 hours a night on a good night and am right now unable to think of anything beyond a sleep-deprived "Bwuh?" The only coherent thought I've got right now is that I won't talk about it on Facebook. I probably shouldn't talk about it here, either, but my boss doesn't have a link to my blog, but he did friend me on Facebook.

He's a very nice guy, but at the same time, where is that line between friends and employer? Also, his boss friended him, so anything I say there could easily go up the chain to the senior VP of our company and right up to the CEO/owner. Ah, the Age of the Internet, where information is too available and you have to watch your back with your online friends.

2 comments:

flatflo said...

If you would like me to come over and be a human baby bed, just let me know when. I can either bring coffee and you can try and get those brain cells firing, or exercise, or gossip, or heck, even take a nap!

HiddenChicken said...

You are always more than welcome to come over in any capacity - baby bed or not.