Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We celebrated our Thanksgiving on Tuesday, which created a surprisingly low-stress holiday, except managing my mom, who always gets very tense over holidays (even though my sister and I take care of the cooking and cleaning). But that's neither here nor there - there's a lot to be thankful for. After all, she was good enough to spend an entire month with us helping us with our pre-schooler and then our newborn.

I won't go through the list of things I'm thankful for - that'd take forever. Suffice to say that life is good and my complaints in comparison are pretty petty and lame.

I don't know many people who get a brand new baby for their birthday, and today we get her all to ourselves. And next week, she's mine - all mine! With Ragsy, I was terrified to be left alone. This time, I'm a little confounded as to how I'll stimulate this baby until I can take her more places (she's ridiculously alert), but at least I don't want to beg my husband not to leave. I'm sure I'll think of something.

Oh, well. Speaking of stimulation - I've let Ragsy watch way too much TV already this morning in celebration of regaining control of our remote (no more daytime TV - yay!). Time to turn it off, feed him and poke Evelyn awake for her breakfast. It's great that she sleeps so well, but it can take up to an hour to wake her - like her dad, she's pokey waking and pokey eating.

1 comment:

Sarahlynn said...

I'm pokey and cranky to wake enough to eat, too. :)

I used to prop Ellie in the corner of the couch as soon as she could hold up her head enough to sit like that. Then I'd sing little songs and act them out with stuffed animals. All. Day. Long. It's possible I was a little insane when she was an infant.

Ada came out holding her head up, and I pretty much just took her everywhere as soon as I got rid of the crippling staph infection in my thumb that was surely not related my my post-natal hospital stay (at least it was me and not the baby!). Taking Ellie to school and picking her up, to the mall, to restaurants. I treated her as an accessory, I suppose. Perhaps that's why she wouldn't let me put her down for two years and is still a bit clingy?