Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mental miscellany

I have so much random stuff floating around in my head, in part because it's my nature and also in part because I don't get much adult company during the day and I'm too much a coward to leave the nice, warm house with my seven-week old to go somewhere more exciting like, say, the mall or Babies R Us (I'm thinking of getting a baby seat for the kitchen; the stroller takes up way too much room). Sad when that's my idea of excitement.

Right now, I've got a kid on my chest and have for, oh, about two hours. I think my butt is creating a trough in this chair. Ah, well. I guess that's what maternity leave is for. Partially, anyway. Maybe I can watch Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog again. I'm really glad a friend suggested I buy it rather than borrow it again (you know who you are) - I got two copies and gave one to my brother-in-law instead of having him watch it over the holiday. He loved it.

This'll tell you how lame I am: did you know that they now make Snuggies for dogs?

3 comments:

BriteLady said...

Carseats make good chairs for inside the house. Fold the carrying handle all the way around the back, and it works as a prop to keep baby's head up.

Does your highchair recline? That's another good baby seat without needing to push a stroller around the house. Roll up a pair of blankets for either side of her head to keep her from sinking to one side. Our son sat at the dinner table with us in a reclining high chair (really a strap-on booster seat that reclined) from the day he came home from the hospital.

Also, we have a "bumbo" seat you're welcome to for when she gets a little bigger. Babies don't have to sit upright on their own for these things, just be able to hold their own heads up--think Trystan used it starting around 2 months. There's enough support around the waist to keep them up. He loved being able to watch what was going on and start reaching for things before he was big enough for a doorway jumper or exersaucer.

flatflo said...

I am glad you liked Dr. Horrible enough to purchase, plus you are spreading the word!

Heck, I don't want to leave the house on these cold, cold days and I don't have an infant to blame!

HiddenChicken said...

Thanks for the awesome suggestions, Kristi. You know, I actually got a Space Saver high chair after seeing yours. I love it and am getting a new one for Evelyn (Ragsy managed to wreck his - it's a very long story). We have a pub-height table, so they work much, much better than a standard high chair. And I love the idea of Evelyn getting used to sitting at the table with us from the start. It never occurred to me that she could join us already. Family meals are a big deal to me, and it would be great to have her there, even if only for 10 minutes until she loses interest.

Laura, Dr. Horrible is awesome! It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.