Tuesday, January 12, 2010

And so it begins.

We'll need to start transitioning Evelyn out of our room sooner than I had originally thought. She detests her co-sleeper and has grown so long her feet touch the end of the bouncinette, even when her head is where it's supposed to be. Plus, she's already kicking out of her swaddle and trying to sleep on her side. By the time she wakes up for a feeding or in the morning, her butt is where her feet should be and her legs are dangling over the edge of the bouncinette. Funny, yes. Safe or comfortable? Probably not.

We had also thought that we'd found a way to comfort her when she'd really lost it in the form of a pacifier. Not so. Yesterday I was completely frazzled after a long day of dealing with her. Then Ragsy came home and began screaming bloody murder - you know, the type of shriek that makes you wonder where you've gone wrong as a parent and makes your ears ring and causes temporary hearing loss. Anyway, that freaked her out further, her dad started yelling to get Ragsy's attention and I just needed to put her down and leave the room temporarily before I began screaming, too. So I tried to give her a pacifier because I didn't want to leave her panicking. Yeah, right. How she managed to spit a pacifier out of her mouth, over the edge of her bouncinette and six inches away onto the floor will always remain a mystery.

Worse was that she calmed down and laughed at me, then blew a raspberry at me. Good grief. Someone save me.

No comments: