Sunday, December 2, 2007

It's not light if you eat 10 of them.

I've become reasonably decent at making healthful foods or at least less bad versions of non-healthful foods. Unfortunately, I've made some chai shortbreads that I know are only 50 calories a shortbread and can't seem to stop eating them. I've probably had at least five. I want to lose six more pounds before I go to India, so I'll have to rein it in, otherwise, it'll never happen.

My husband and son are off Christmas shopping. It'll be interesting to see if they come home with anything. I feel a little bad since I practically kicked them out; however, it's nice to have some time to myself. I took care of Ragsy most of the day yesterday while we were meeting with our broker, then again when we went out to lunch and yet again when my husband conked out on the couch. Then it was my morning to get up with him this morning and my husband was only waking up as Ragsy was going down for his noon nap. I don't know many adults who could get away with sleeping until noon any day of the week unless they were deathly ill - either I'm a huge sucker or my husband is relatively lucky.

We look at sleep totally differently. Nighttime sleep is a necessity, but I like to get by with as little as possible during the week (when else am I supposed to get stuff done?) and eight hours tops on the weekends. Naps are a huge luxury, something I do only if I'm very, very sick or got less than three hours of sleep the night before and don't have to work. My husband, on the other hand, sees all sleep as something you need. So, his three-hour nap yesterday? Well, his theory is that he wouldn't have slept that long if he didn't need it. Same for sleeping until 12 p.m. this afternoon. My view is that if I have three hours with which to sleep in the first place or if I'm free until noon, there's no way I'm spending that time unconscious. All the more reason for me to get up as early as possible - I'd better be up and making the most of it because God only knows when I'll have that much uninterrupted time again to do, well, anything that doesn't involve cooking, cleaning, childcare, laundry or fitting in a quick workout.


Oh, well. Today I've spent a bit of my free time eating (damn cookies) and need to spend more of it writing and running. Oh, yeah. Then there's the cleaning I need to do, the laundry and I need to finish cooking for the week....

No comments: