Sunday, December 2, 2007

It ain't product if you don't reorg.

I'm relatively certain my team is going to reorganize again. Given that they reorganized twice while I was on maternity leave and have reorganized another two times since July, another one would just be par for the course.

The reason I suspect this, you ask? Well, aside from the tightly-closed door meetings and various evolutions of our products, requiring more and more resources and specialization, we've all gotten a mandatory meeting invite for next week, along with a team building meeting for the following week and the week after that, a "social event" that also involves team building. So, yeah, something's afoot.

Of course, every time the group reorganizes, we all get mildly paranoid and/or annoyed. We inevitably worry about the future of the team (including our jobs or who we'll be reporting to next) and the products then we all get annoyed when we realize that nothing's going to change - we just got freaked out for nothing. Not that I want a good reason to freak out, but come on. Enough with the political BS. Oh, well. I guess that's part and parcel of working on a federally-funded program. More political BS than you could shake a stick at. Ick. I hate BS.

No comments: