Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The final countdown.

The final countdown to India has begun - we'll be leaving soon for quite some time, so I'll be on hiatus from before Christmas to the end of January. I keep saying it, but I can't wait to leave the country. My only concern is how Ragsy will fare on the flight. I think he'll do okay, but there's no way to find out except by doing it.

He's doing much, much much better than he was earlier. Thursday gave me the scare of a lifetime, second only to when he had RSV and couldn't breathe. When I went to pick him up at daycare, I initially couldn't wake him up. It was awful having to pull his tiny body off his mat and gently shake his chin to get him to respond. I never, ever want to feel that way again. But of course, I will. I still go into his room at night to listen to him breathe, even though he's finished his course of steroids to open his lungs and all the breathing treatments and is breathing comfortably in his sleep.

He should be fine to travel by the date we leave. Unfortunately, we need to make sure he gets a flu shot beforehand. We'll need to space that out to next week, since the steroid he was on lowers immune functions. I almost wish we could push this trip back by just another month. But it's gotta happen now or it probably won't happen for at least another year.

This trip, while much anticipated, seems to be coming at a worse and worse time, both with work and personally.

Anyway, not a whole lot to say. I should be working, but I've been in meetings all day with another one coming up in 10 minutes, so not enough time to actually do anything. My life the past week and a half has revolved around either me or Ragsy being sick. Work is starting to freak out because they're finally realizing that, yes, I'm leaving the country soon and, yes, my workload isn't going anywhere. Hence all the freaking meetings. Blech.

No comments: