Monday, December 3, 2007

How sick is sick enough?

I think my stomach is going to explode. Or I'm going to throw up. Or both. Unfortunately, I'm stupid enough to be at work right now, something I'm sure no one appreciates. I know I don't like it. Still, I sold my soul the moment I let work know that I needed to go to India for four weeks around 1/1. Since most plans implement on 1/1, it's a huge deal and I'm somewhat surprised they're not screaming more. I know they're not happy.

Which is why I'm here. I can take a sick day for my kid - he can't drive himself home after all. More importantly, being sick is probably scary to him. But I can't take a sick day for me unless I'm really, really sick. But I don't know how sick that is. I had a fever last night. I'm freezing my butt off right now, so I might still have one. My stomach, back and hips are cramping. I should probably leave right now, but I can't get people to stop talking to me long enough to reschedule anything.

I'm really looking forward to meeting my husband's family, but I wish to God I weren't taking off for so long.

No comments: