Tuesday, June 3, 2014

True Stupidity?

My brain will never be whole again. My mom and sister are here for mom's latest round of medical testing and made me watch True Tori with them.

I often say things like, "I'm pretty sure X made me lose brain cells." I'm not just pretty sure this time. I'm damn sure, and there's nothing pretty about it. In fact, I wish I'd lost more brain cells because then I might be able to erase the memory of such an abomination.

Anyway, tomorrow will be interesting in a long, drawn out, wait-in-a-waiting-room kinda way. But, hey, it's the first time both mom and my sister have visited me at the same time in years and I only wish that they (my sister especially) could stay longer.

I wish I could just give over a portion of my liver so my mom didn't have to wait. I mean, if I had to choose an organ to give away, I'd rather give something that can grow back. I spoke about it with her surgeon, but a live donation carries a far higher risk of death. For the donor, not the recipient.

So, wait in the waiting room we shall. Hopefully there will be no True Tori.

No comments: