Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Job.

Okay, I'll make this a quick one. So, here's what's been going on. This weekend, Ragsy got some mysterious plague that had him running around the house like a chicken with his head cut off and a 104 degree fever on Saturday. The fever cooled down and the next day he had been without Tylenol for about 24 hours and was practically bouncing off walls - thus, it seemed safe enough to take him out. We went to the pumpkin patch with friends and out to lunch, then came to our place to carve some pumpkins (which is some of the best fun I've had in a long time) while Ragsy slept. By the time Ragsy woke from his nap, the fever was right back - and almost as high. The next day, he still had a mild fever, so he had to stay home from daycare. But there was a hitch - my new job started Monday. So my husband had to stay home with him. I'm sure that was delightful.

Anyway, work is ok. It's a new place, so I'm still getting used to it. The place is really built to house hourly employees, so it's a far, far more restrictive place than I'm accustomed to. Fortunately, many of the restrictions (particularly those precisely outlining my breaks, lunch and when I'm supposed to show up and leave) do not apply to me. The job is hard to describe - I don't think even they quite know what I'm supposed to be doing, so I just start telling people what I'm going to do and do it and they seem to like it.

My brain is kind of scattered now, so I'm probably not as coherent as usual. After learning about Social Security Disability Insurance and other portions of Medicare and Medigap all day, I think I need to do something else besides sit in front of a computer, though it's tempting to just sit here all night. Still, if I'm going to feel at all good about myself, I need to work out and finish removing the wallpaper glue from my bathroom. Sounds fun, doesn't it? But not nearly as fun as last night's adventures snaking the drain in my shower. Ick - that was like pulling a big black loogie out of a pipe. I could live another lifetime without ever wanting to do that again.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

So is this the job across the river or the one across the street?