Thursday, October 30, 2008

I don't know which is worse.

Coming to work sick or staying at home sick when you have a new job. On the one hand, you could wind up with co-workers who are pissed at you for being there because you may get them sick. On the other, you may have co-workers pissed at you for not being there period. Ugh.

So far, I've been going to work and bringing ample amounts of hand sanitizer, coughing into my elbow instead of my hand and being very careful not to touch anyone. Fortunately, the fever only comes at night, so the only period I look stupid in front of is my husband when he comes to visit me and happens to catch me running between the warm safety of our bed, crossing the frozen tundra of our carpet and slamming the door to shiver on the icicle that is our toilet, only to dart back again, shaking for long minutes until warmth seeps back.

Unfortunately, Ragsy's bout with this lasted two weeks (for anyone having contact with him Saturday he had been fever-free for several days by the time we showed up). Given that I don't currently have the benefit of staying home - new employee - or resting much while I'm here - mother of a toddler with a husband who's helpless in the kitchen - I suspect it may take a while longer for this to go away. Dammit. I hate being sick. I have things to do for God's sake. I don't have time for this crap. Not that I'm bitter or anything. Because that would take more energy than I've got.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's what carry out was made for. Take care of yourself over the weekend.