Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bummed.

I've been a little bummed out for the last few days. A lot of it has to do with the state of our country. Some of it has to do with the elections coming up - frankly, I'm sick of thinking about it, hearing about it, talking about it. I'll do all of those anyway, but it will be a huge relief to make a decision and just move on instead of discussing it. Some of my depression has to do with sleeplessness. The night waking may be over, but our son has been getting up at 5 or 6 a.m. Still another aspect is the conflict between my husband and son. I'm feeling very selfish, but I'm freaking tired of making the two feel better. I'd kind of like to lock them in a room together and go on vacation.

At first I suspected that my seizure had a lot to do with Ragsy's behavior, but he was acting like that beforehand, though the seizure certainly amplified things. Still, I'd like it if he and my husband would both go sit in time out until this oedipus complex passed. I'm not at all pleased being the object of a territory battle.

Oh, well. Just like always, one day we'll wake up tense and expecting a battle and we'll get grins and sweetness instead. Toddlers would be great at guerilla warfare. Or as politicians. They're great at the bait and switch and probably just as knowledgeable about ethics.

No comments: