Friday, January 2, 2015

2015!

It's a new year. The year I'll be 40. Back when I was my son's age (around 8), 26 was my "cut off" year for some reason. It was the year I'd be truly old. I never could've imagined I'd still feel like I was in my 20s even as I approached 40. Who knew?

My husband will turn 40 in just a few days; I'll follow in November. My daughter will enter kindergarten and my son the 4th grade. At last this year, everything will fall into place. Everything will get done. Or not.

The best I can hope for is that we'll make it through the year healthy and smarter. Hopefully my mom will get her transplant soon, but she seems to be doing ok. Hopefully my sister and brother in law will be happier than they were this year, struggling with a newborn and a little boy in the throes of the terrible 3s. Hopefully friends and family will enjoy a successful, fruitful year.

Hopefully the world will be better and our city will heal and people everywhere will no longer be persecuted just for being them. I doubt it, but I girl can dream, can't she?

Welcome, 2015. I hope you'll be good to us. We'll do our best to be good to you.

No comments: