Thursday, January 22, 2015

Oh, the glamorous life!

My kids were asked yesterday what I do for a living. Apparently they told the person asking that I a) tell people who to do and b) read a lot and then c) tell people that's they're wrong and why. When I asked if I do that at home, they said not so much b and c, but yes to a. Oh, well.

What's most sad is that they're not entirely wrong. I usually tell them, "Mommy helps people get their medicine and helps make sure that they get it safely and in the right amounts." Which is true, but apparently I've worked at home enough around them that they've heard me debate several times with government agencies and give technical requirements to our tech group, which I'm sure is way more scintillating than it sounds. Right?!

So right now, I'm gearing up for another fight. Which means tons and tons and tons of analysis. Right now I'm waiting for my laptop to cool down and finish doing it's thang while I take a much-needed brain break and bore anyone who reads this sad, sorry blog.

I wasn't a technical person until 2 years ago. But apparently technical work warps your brain and you find yourself being the annoying shit constantly pointing out how data proves someone else incorrect and demanding to know  how they arrived at their own analysis.


I could be wrong, but I'm sure my kids' teachers hate me. A lot.

No comments: