Saturday, January 31, 2015

What the bloody hell am I'm watching?

Oh, wait. I know. I'm watching Ten Things I Hate about You. It's sad and bad and all kinds of horrible 90's angst-y wonderful. Ahhh, 90s, you really made the most out of movies where the heroine was deep and bucking society's conventions and the assholes who tried to trick her, yet later fell in love with her. No, honest, they were really in love with her and they were going to change everything. Just everything.

So, basically, they portray high school the way everything felt, not the way everything was. Sweet. And I only come to this conclusion after four glasses of wine and a pile of nachos. And I'm 39. Crapcicles. This late realization does not bode well for my kids, their sobriety or sense of proportion. 


No comments: