Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Tally

I posted a Christmas wish list earlier. And I got nothing that I asked for, which is fine - most of those are small complaints and completely unfixable via Christmas. Nonetheless, it was a wonderful holiday. Of course, as a family, we also got a few extra unwanted and unanticipated happenings, which turned out to be quite funny, assuming you're as horrible a person as I am. Individually they're not funny, but when you look at them as a combined blob of events, well - you either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh.

1. One kid with pinkeye (my nephew), because Christmas isn't Christmas without an urgent care visit.

2. Another kid with an elbow and wrist sprain (my other nephew) - and another urgent care visit.

3. Late night visits to the pharmacy (had go to out and get meds for my newphews while my sister and brother in law cared for them).

4. A kid with no pants (mine).

5. Same kid with no underwear and a penchant for going commando (again, mine).

6. At least two adults in tears (not me).

7. One adult throwing tantrums (again, not me...who knew?).

8. Four adults with infections (me, my sister, my husband and my mom) - thanks to my newphew and children.

9.Three sugar-crazed children (one with a new cavity...mine).

10. And a partridge in a pear tree. Okay, we didn't really get that one. But I'm glad because partridges poop and pear tree berries make for disgusting bird poop.

So there - I hope everyone and anyone who celebrates had a merry, merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah, a lovely Kwanzaa or even just a nice day. Whoever you are, you deserve it.

2 comments:

The Thrifty Book Nerd said...

Sounds like an interesting Christmas! Christmas isn't Christmas without urgent care.

HiddenChicken said...

Exactly! Especially with young children!