Monday, November 9, 2009

Kid = divining rod.

Have you ever noticed how freaking intuitive kids are? I mean, seriously - Ragsy has always been like a dousing rod for my emotions, but it seems like the more contractions I have, the more drawn to my lap he is. It's amazing. I feel like I'm being turned inside out from the nether regions up (oh, did I forget the too-much-information warning?) with each hardening of my uterus and tightening of my back and almost every time it happens unless it's late at night or at my desk at work, I wind up with a kid perched on my lap, leaning back and putting pressure against my very large, low stomach, demanding that I help put shoes on or assist in some other task that involves leaning over a gargantuan boulder that happens to be lodged in the middle of my gut. Scary.

No comments: