Friday, November 6, 2009

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...

Will these freaking contractions ever end?!? For two weeks, I've been awakened occasionally to anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours of contractions, then...nothing. Then yesterday afternoon, I woke at 5:30 a.m., had two hours of contractions, which went away, then had another two hours in the middle of the day and they were 7-10 minutes apart. Thankfully I was at my OB's office, so they checked me and not much progress.

The good news - I should have a new baby in my arms by the end of next week. The bad news - because my mom has never had Braxton-Hicks contractions and both her labors were well under 6 hours from her very first contraction, she keeps telling me that I've "read too much" and acting as though I'm making this stuff up. She also told me that she really doesn't care to hear more - she was just being nice. Wow. That's super supportive. Regardless, she's been helpful so far with Ragsy, so my worst nightmares have yet to come true. If this is the biggest complaint and no life-threatening complications pop up, I think I'm doing pretty well.

Still, I'm tired, irritated and may have to be induced, which wasn't really what I was wanting, but I understand why they'd recommend doing it. But that's contingent upon me making it through the weekend.

Urgh. My legs, hips and butt hurt like I've been doing squats and my gut feels like I've been doing crunches for days. Probably because, in a sense, I have.

CRRRRUUUUNNNNCH!

This rant brought to you by the letter H (for help me not hurt someone) and the number 2.

No comments: