Friday, November 23, 2007

Work.

Work today is, as I expected, a complete wasteland. There are four of us from our combined team here, which is both good and bad. I'm not sure if I feel more or less motivated to work than I normally do. Although, I'm finding it almost as difficult to work as I did Wednesday, given that my husband keeps calling me with questions like, "Andi, I can't find Ragsy's hat and gloves. Where are they." I tell him where they are, he thanks me, hangs up. Then calls back two minutes later. "I can't find them. Are you sure they're there?" Gah! I can't really do anything from here but make additional suggestions. "Have you checked his clothing drawer? How thoroughly did you go through the hat drawer?" and so on.

Very irritating. And now my concentration is a little bit blown, especially since I know I'll be getting out of here in a mere two hours. I think I'll go shopping. I know, I know. Brave. I'll have to fight with the hordes of people who've been shopping since 4 a.m., who are hungry and spoiling for a fight over something silly like a stuffed Tickle me Elmo. Fortunately, Ragsy's only getting one gift from us this year, and I'm not getting it for him today.

All I need to get are demitasse spoons for my mom, a cup of coffee for me and then I'm outta there. Unless I want to dally to enjoy a few minutes of freedom and relative quiet. Well, it won't be quiet, but at least no one will be talking to me!

No comments: