Friday, November 16, 2007

Focus.

I am having the hardest time focusing today. Maybe I should go for a short walk soon. Hopefully that'll redirect me back to what I'm supposed to be doing. But I can hear so many people (okay, one very, very loud person in particular) yammering - practically yelling - nearby on the phone, people keep stopping by to ask me questions and when they're not stopping to ask me questions, I'm getting phone calls. It's frustrating to set my mind to start working on something, then get constantly distracted.

Anyway, if I go away for a while, I might be able to reset myself a little. Or find someplace to hide so no one can bug me. But who am I kidding? It's a sunny Friday. Even though it sounds like we have an auditorium full of people over my right shoulder and my desk seems to be a revolving door, it's pretty low-key in here.

On a more positive note, I got a compliment today. It doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy. But I've been trying to lose weight, with moderate success and apparently it's showing. It's always incredibly satisfying when someone notices something good you've done. Now if I could just get that extra 20 pounds to fall off my ass, we'd all be good.

No comments: