Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving.

Ugh. I just realized I desperately need to add links to my blog so I can find my friends easier. But I'm lazy and just haven't done it yet.

Anyway, on to Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving was good. We had a few of my husband's friends over plus my mom, who was sane for the evening. We all ate, drank and made merry. Ragsy was adorable and sweet until I had to put him to bed, of course, when he turned into a screaming little rat. But that was ok. He tends to do that at night. He's still cute even when he's a screaming little rat. As long as I keep my cool, it doesn't really matter.

The weekend as a whole was satisfying, though I got really, really stir crazy Saturday. My mom is a homebody. Meaning, she's content to sit in the living room at my house and sew for hours and hours. She always has a TV on, which is a nasty habit, especially when we're trying to discourage our child from getting too accustomed to TV. Whenever she visits, the TV is on more or less from the time she wakes to whenever she goes to bed. Which is funny because she doesn't actually watch it - she just talks constantly over the din. I think that she's kept it on so much at her own house for company/background noise, that she hardly notices it when it's on but feels weird when it's off because of the quiet. She's admitted before that she hates the quiet - it makes her uncomfortable.

Anyway, when Saturday rolled around with me exhausted (apparently it's fun to wake at 3:30 a.m. and scream periodically just as people are falling asleep - fun for Ragsy, not for me) and mom was trying to carry on a conversation with me when I was in another area of the house, trying to watch my kid while my husband worked, I finally got annoyed and grabbed Ragsy and left. I was a bit miffed (though somewhat pleasantly surprised) when mom opted to come with me to the Magic House. I liked the adult company, but my mom is a bit of a snob. If you've met her, you probably know that she doesn't like crowds. She also doesn't like children (except for Ragsy). Why she wanted to go with us to a crowded children's playhouse, I'll never know, but we weren't there more than a half hour or 45 minutes.

Whatever. We managed to tire the kid out and my husband and I got an unexpected gift: my mom offered to sit with Ragsy while we went to dinner. Alone. It was absolutely wonderful. That, combined with our decent Thanksgiving day, more than made up for any ills the weekend may have brought.

So, is there a point to this post? Hell, no. Am I babbling? Hell, yes. Did you read this far? Ha ha!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I like babbling blogs. I'm a firm believer in not having a point on my cpamommy blog. Trust me if I make one it's pure coincedence.