Thursday, November 8, 2007

Virgin Blog

Ahhh, a virgin blog. So pure. So innocent. Not for long.

Okay. That's a lie. I don't actually have much to say. But whatever. I'll make it up as I go.

Let's see. I suppose I should at least introduce myself to my blog before I completely deflower it. I'm a thirty-something woman with an 18-month-old son and a husband about the same age (as me, not my son because that would be creepy).

This is actually my second blog. I have another one that I write frequently that friends read to keep up with me, but since this came along with my gmail account and it's nice to have a work-safe outlet (theoretically safe anyway), I decided to start typing away.

I work in healthcare product management, something I never in my wildest dreams expected to do. When I was little, I expected to be an archaeologist. Hah! When I realized I'd be eating velveeta for the rest of my life and living in a tent in South America while my husband was here in the States, I decided I'd stay here instead of getting my PhD. Funny, I feel like I got the better end of the deal.

I still stay in touch with my archaeologist friends, though, and once in a while get reprints on documents I created as a field archaeologist.

Regardless, I got to stick around and practice my other childhood dream, which was becoming a writer. So I freelanced for a couple of years, started to get some money and also became a modestly well-known erotica author (what? sex sells better than anything else). So that worked out well. Anyway, one of my corporate clients hired me and here I am - still writing, but working, too, plus raising a family and doing whatever else it is that I do. And that's more or less it for now.

I'm working on a couple of pretty large government projects at work, so I should probably get back to that, delightful as it sounds.

No comments: