Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blargh.

I'm all bleary eyed and sleepy. What a dreary day. I used to love days like today, because it wasn't necessary to actually demonstrate any energy - I could just lay on the couch all afternoon like a lump, drifting in and out of naps. But this is better. Even if it's harder, it's better.

I know I was just whining about my family, but my son is awake and I can hear him making lion sounds in the kitchen with his dad. Both are incredibly cute.

Ragsy has been learning new words like crazy and refining his use of existing ones. He's adjusted his earlier negative, which sounded like "nenenenenenenene" to actually sound like a no. A very loud no, repeated over and over and over. Especially in public places when I'm trying to hold his hand to prevent him from racing into the street.

I was joking with my husband that this must have happened around 3:48 a.m. this morning. He wasn't doing this yesterday. The reason I say it must have happened at 3:48 was that our son usually wakes for about a half hour to an hour around 4 a.m. even after we've climbed into bed with him. This morning was a trifle earlier than usual (3:47) and, since I've completely stopped interacting with him at that time other than to rub his back, he went back to sleep within about five minutes. But not after he popped his head up, yelled something incoherent that might have been an "Aha!" and promptly passed out again. Only to wake up and yell "No. No. No nononononono!" when I suggested it was time to change his diaper.

Good grief. This is worse than when he pointed at my chest and yelled "boobs!" the other day. I really hope that was a fluke and not deliberate.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Okay, I wrote the first comment and the second comment. It's too much fun. Fortunately I didn't have to deal with the "boobs" remark. Hopefully he won't say it in public. But my little boy innocently asked me when he would grow those pointing at my chest.

BriteLady said...

Heck, my daughter is quite well versed with breasts, their functions, their relative sizes, who has them and who doesn't, and how to pump them (as well as varieties of pumps avialable for use). Ah, the joys of breastfeeding in front of a very verbal 3-year old.