Thursday, April 9, 2015

Week of the weird

Everyone has one - an odd week where things happen that are a little off. Yesterday I got calls from three different people to inform me that they were not, in fact, dead. The day before that, a large line of cars was stuck on an exit to the highway to accommodate a rather large wild turkey that had decided to hang out in the middle of the road, gobbling at the honking cars. This morning was a little weird because there was a large herd of deer having an orgy in the backyard.

I'm ready for this week to be over. Things should calm down, people should chill out and stop calling to tell me they're not dead. The deer doing it in the backyard are fine (it wasn't people, so that's good). So is the turkey (didn't want to go to that meeting on time anyway), but having a day, a morning, an hour when something strange or escalated isn't happening would be nice.

Hopefully I'll get time to read later on. I've got 300+ pages of legislation to read and not much time to read it in. I'm sure I'll get it done. As long as I don't get attacked by a wild turkey.

No comments: