Friday, April 10, 2015

So...Cranky....

I'm going to complain. Just so you know, if you don't want to hear it, stop reading.

1. I cheated yesterday evening on being vegan and now I want to die. Just two weeks and apparently having two mouthfuls of cheese means my stomach is going to scream at me. All night and all day.

2. I cannot get information into my brain and churn it quickly enough. This ticks me off. I have a stack of legislation to read. Well, not that high - about 257 pages (should take a few hours) - but I hate, hate, hate that I read it, absorb it and then when I'm pulling together the physical impact of that legislation I don't know enough about the guts of our system to translate it to detailed impact. I. Hate. That. Of course, I didn't build the damn thing. But still...I don't like to wait. I need the knowledge now. If I could, I'd take every process flow, every book, law, newspaper and periodical and website, learn every flipping language possible and just cram it the heck into my head and process the hell out of everything.

3. Regardless of the gurgling of my stomach, I still "get" to take two kids to two baseball games because the tournament that was supposed to start yesterday instead started today thanks to wet fields. So now instead of one game starting at 8, we get to go to two games, one at 5:30 (which is a delightful time for a working parent) and another at 8. Dammit, can't they play in mud?

4. People are assholes.

5. They're also not dead and keep ensuring I know that.

6. They also will not. stop. scheduling. meetings. I hate meetings. "Let's chat on the phone." Um, no, let's not. Especially if you're dead.

7. I can't think a full thought without being interrupted, which makes me want to punch someone or something. But I can't remember who or what I want to punch, so I don't get to do that.

8. I don't feel like being an adult today. Honestly, I'm done - instead of working, then shuttling people to and from baseball games while trying to figure out how to feed everybody, what to take and when, I want to go for a run around my neighborhood, get all sweaty, shower, sit on the couch and eat ice cream (it'll have to be vegan, I guess - see #1) then sleep until noon tomorrow. Then I want to get up, spend oodles of time with my husband without disruption, then shower, nap and do it all over again.

Oh, well. To balance things out, there's got to be a bright side, right? So, here goes - as many good thoughts as there are bad:

1. It is Friday, thank goodness.

2. It's beautiful outside. Even if it were pouring, that wouldn't change the fact that everything is green and purply from spring.

3. The people calling me are not dead, so that's good (better if they would stop calling me).

4.  At least the last baseball game will end at 9:30 and not start at 10 or something ridiculous.

5. My pants are looser.

6. I get to sleep in tomorrow until at least 6:30 a.m.

7. I got to come back home and continue working here because of said upset stomach (telecommute policies = awesome compensation for stupid long hours).

8. I get to go to the library tomorrow. I love the library! I just need to know what I want before I go - I get so overwhelmed when we go. I want to take everything home.

No comments: