Friday, November 14, 2014

To prod or not to prod?

That is the question. The kids are at school and preschool, respectively. (Evelyn turned five yesterday(!) and of course must now bring sugary goodness - more of it - to her friends at preschool prior to indulging in more of it tomorrow.) My husband is...asleep. Somehow I knew this would happen if I didn't make him drive the kids to school. At the same time, I wanted some time to myself. The climbing wall opens in just over an hour and he may or may not want breakfast and a shower beforehand.

So that leaves me with my question: to prod, or not? I'm leaning toward prodding; otherwise we'll either meander toward lunch instead of the climbing wall, then my husband will be too lethargic to climb. Or we'll climb, but things will be cut short because we'll do it so late we'll run out of time or steam and will leave to pick up the kids.

One way or the other, any path with an acceptable result seems to lead to poking the living hell out of the man until he gets his butt out of bed. He's home for my birthday, dammit. I WILL have my climb.

First, I really want to do it. Second, I won't feel so bad tonight if I'm not disciplined enough to get my sorry, overstuffed, over-sugared-to-the-point-of-diabetic butt out for a run in the freezing cold or on the treadmill downstairs where I get to stare at the cabinets for an hour in a chilly garage. Did I mention I cannot wait until we're done with the floor downstairs?

No comments: