Sunday, September 13, 2009

And they're out!

Everyone's asleep. At last. My husband and Ragsy went on a morning jaunt to the zoo that wound up lasting way longer than it was supposed to. Since I do most of my cooking on Sundays, that left me with plenty of time to whip up an enormous lunch, of which only I have partaken. Go figure. But at least I get some time alone, right?

By the time he got home, my husband had managed to wear our son out so much he actually asked to go to sleep, something that's completely unheard of. Unfortunately, my husband also insisted my son eat something before bed, resulting in an hour-long eating marathon that involved very little eating and a lot of attempting to play, culminating in threats for him to sleep or he would have to stay home from a friend's house this evening. Now that I think about it, that's a stupid threat since I'd be shooting myself in the foot, too.

Anyway, yesterday was a blast - we went to Eckert's for a work/family event my husband's company put on and came home with eight pounds of apples. Fortunately, Ragsy really likes apples and has managed to eat two already. I guess we'll be eating lots of applesauce, apple pie, compote and cake in the coming weeks. If you like apples, you're definitely invited. I'm already tired of them.

No comments: