Sunday, September 20, 2009

Constant craving.

I am hungry even when I finish eating. It's very frustrating. I just had dinner (about an hour after a snack) a couple of hours ago - a pretty substantial one: about a cup of a BBQ chicken mixture I made and some corn casserole. I was still hungry when I finished, but out of principle refused to eat more. I think I'll have to have a snack before bed, though, or I'll wake up at 2 a.m. again, starving and unable to sleep.

A pattern has developed in my weekends: wake up, eat, sleep. Wake up, eat, sleep. This interspersed with hours of cleaning and playing with my son. But that's the primary theme - when I'm not cleaning or running with Ragsy, I'm waiting until such time as I can go to sleep or eat something again.

What's really aggravating is that Ragsy has unfortunately decided that he no longer wants to sleep. That includes naps and bedtime. He's still up now, at 9:30, yammering at black cat. The thing is, even if you take away all his props (animals, any toys he might be permitted to take to bed), he's imaginative enough that he manages to somehow act something out, even laying down. Right now, he and black cat are apparently having a full Mexican meal, laying down, complete with mariachi music (which he's creating himself, of course), chips, salsa, three different types of beverage, an entree and a basket of something. He'd be doing it with or without black cat, so, short of shutting off his brain, there's no stopping it. Ah, well. It's good to know that I'm not the only one fantasizing about food in bed. The only difference is that he's not actually hungry or he'd make it abundantly clear.

No comments: