Sunday, September 6, 2009

Let the weekend begin!

12:45 a.m. on Monday morning and my weekend can finally start. I've been working on a pet project all weekend and have finally sent off a finished product. Which means that I'll be working next weekend, too, but at least it's on something that benefits me directly and I can forget about it temporarily. Now maybe I'll actually have time for some creative writing instead of professional consulting. I'd much rather spend a late night cuddled up to my computer if I can legitimately use the word "throbbing." Somehow that word just doesn't work well with Medicare.

Other than that, I've been dedicating myself to exhausting my family by doggedly organizing (from the mess I've made, you wouldn't know it), scrubbing things, side projects and frantic baby-related purchases (don't I already have most of this stuff?). Ragsy took an unheard-of 3-hour nap today. So did I.

But, I'm trying to look at things on the good side. My feet aren't swollen when I wake up - they go down overnight, which is more than I can say for this time last pregnancy. I've still got a modicum of energy, again, which is more than I can say for this time last pregnancy. I think it has something to do with a three year old boy giggling like a lunatic and yelling, "Mommy, let's run!" and me being genius enough to do it. Consequently, my weight gain is still reasonable at 17 pounds. I try to ignore the fact that I was never small to begin with.

Anyway, there's no way things will be ready by the time this kid gets here or even by the time my energy runs dry. But we'll be closer than before Ragsy was born, I think. Now if this kid will just avoid being born on my birthday, I think we'll be golden.

1 comment:

flatflo said...

How about "Medicare is a THROBBING headache!" ?

Have a wonderful day off!