Friday, March 21, 2008

Just when I'd forgotten what it felt like...

Yes, more ranting and raving about our son's newfound ability to sleep through the night. You have to understand - he hasn't done this so consistently since a year ago last November. That's a year and a half of waking at least three times at night. So I just can't get over that I put him in bed and leave and he stays there. Perversely, I kind of miss watching him sleep and feeling his little body cuddled up against mine.

Kids are so trusting - they just know you'll keep all the monsters away, fix anything that's broken and heal all hurts. All you have to do is be there and all is right with the world. Knowing that my son feels that way about us makes me incredibly happy and at the same time incredibly sad since it won't always be so simple. Oh, well. At least I have now.

Today is a strange day. So beautiful outside. Just perfect. But I'm in a windowless room in the bowels of our executive conference center because I couldn't get anything done at my desk. Too accessible by phone and by people dropping by just to ask a "quick question." I hate being stuck here, but at least I can think without constant interruption. This morning has been incredibly productive. Now if I could just get myself to stop yakking here and get back to work....

No comments: