Monday, March 17, 2008

Bad idea.

So, remember how I was so sick last week? I hadn't eaten in about two days by Friday and I was starving on my way to see my mom. So I stopped at a McDonald's. I haven't had McD's since a year ago January and, after all, having not eaten more than a bag of pretzels for two days, I wasn't too worried about the potential weight gain caused by a couple of cheeseburgers and a coke.

So I stopped. Stupid, stupid me. The ramifications didn't become fully apparent until Saturday afternoon. By Saturday evening, I thought I was going to die. Unfortunately, we had already promised my aunt and uncle that we'd meet them for dinner. I haven't had a chance to speak with them much since my son was born - every time we've seen them, my attention has been primarily focused on my son. So I really wanted to go anyway.

We had a fantastic time despite my frequent bathroom breaks. Instead of wine and lobster or filet like I looked forward to enjoying, I ate a few bites of potato and drank three glasses of club soda. I tried a tiny bite of fish but when I started gagging, managed to discreetly spit it out into my napkin before anything bad happened.

The trip back yesterday was uneventful. No fast food was involved (thank God), though as soon as I got back, my husband was asking if I would mind if we had Outback. We did have Outback, though I took a few scant bites of chicken and called it a night.

I'm kind of tired from being sick for so long. The not eating is getting to me - all I've had since that fateful evening is crackers and part of a potato and some water and sports drink - I've lost about 10 pounds over the last week. Did I mention the loathing I'm developing for crackers and bready things? I really, truly hate them now. I want some cheese with my whine. Sorry for the waaaayy too much information, but I'm really annoyed by this whole situation. Stupid body. Stay healthy for once.

I guess I'd stay healthier if I treated my body better. On the bright side, I did get tons of sleep this weekend, got to lay around and watch movies, and got to shop in E'ville, which always seems to be far more reasonably priced than St. Louis. Even better, Ragsy was very good to me yesterday, went to sleep easily (and all by himself - he even kicked me out of the room when he was ready to sleep!), then slept through the night for nearly 11 and 1/2 hours. That made my job last night much, much easier (okay, nonexistent, since it usually involves going in to soothe him once a midnight and again at 4 a.m. and sometimes once more at 5:45, if he goes back to sleep at all).

No comments: