Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'll act like a grownup now.

I realize my bout of immaturity was a bit uncalled for yesterday, so today I'll at least pretend to be an adult. Which means this will be a very short post (well, if you're lucky, anyway).

I'm looking forward to this weekend when my mom visits. Unlike last weekend's unintended fast, I'll be able to enjoy all the Easter delicacies, hopefully with limited repercussions. I'll also be able to talk to her more since I won't be running to the restroom every other minute.

We'll also be hiding eggs for Ragsy and giving him an Easter basket. I never realized how fun it is to enjoy other people's joy until I had a child. I enjoy seeing my husband, family and friends happy, but there's something different and wholly transcendant about the way a child lights up, sometimes for no reason at all. Anyway, I'm not particularly religious; when you're raised in a mixed household then marry someone from yet another religion, being devout in just one is not easy.

Still, I really enjoy the holiday. Who wouldn't want to celebrate the coming of spring?

No comments: