Saturday, December 20, 2014

Jinx!

I've noticed that often when I put something to paper (or blog, or e-mail or IM), my plans take a turn for the not happening or the exact opposite of what I'd hoped for. Today's race is a non-starter. We woke to one kid initially too tired (and too congested) to get out of bed. The other sounds suspiciously  like a barking seal. I'm only hoping she doesn't have whooping cough again or if she does, it'll be mild like last time since she's vaccinated.

Side note: we have a few anti-vaxxers in our daughter's preschool who are convinced that vaccinations are the work of the deebil. I agree we should all be informed as parents as to what is being injected into our kids' bodies, but for fuck's sake - if she has pertussis, this will be the second time. I know sometimes kids just get whatever disease they're vaccinated against, but those diseases can be eliminated if everyone is vaccinated - don't rely on others to avoid getting your own kid sick.

Anyway, Rags is now insisting he's good to race and is demanding to have a friend over later. I guess he's not that sick, but I don't want to risk illness before Christmas. Ahhh, parenthood. Completely inconvenient, exhausting and frustrating, but wonderful, rewarding and beautiful. It'll be the death of me, but totally worth it.

No comments: