Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Sweetest Thing

So I promised earlier that I'd have a positive post since I'm usually snotty and cranky. This blog tends to be an outlet for my annoyances. But, instead of telling you what makes me want to poke my eyes out, here's what has been making me happy:

1. My kids have built a ridiculously elaborate pillow fort. They're in it right now while I pretend not to notice that they've found the Capri Sun and fruit snacks. I'm probably a bad person for looking the other way, but I love it when they unite.

2. My job is two parts crappy and three parts a big Rubix cube. That's why I keep doing it. I complain (especially since I get to support an audit next week on Hawaii time - from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. CST), but I love that I know what I'm talking about and that when I don't, I can learn.

3. I have money. Not much money, but I know I'm lucky to have what I do. I worked really, really hard for it and it's satisfying and a great relief that my work has been fruitful.

4. Even though I have a mysterious seizure disorder, I am so very fortunate that it's manageable. It's my Achilles' heel, but it doesn't stop me, thanks to modern pharmaceuticals.

5. My wonderful friends and family are my constants, my touchstones, and I am so happy to have them.

So there. A positive post, with somewhat limited snark. See? Proof positive that I can do anything!

No comments: