Tuesday, October 7, 2014

And that is how a mind is lost.

If you've never had the pleasure of sitting through a health plan audit for a plan contracted with the federal government, please don't bother. Really. It sucks. But I haven't decided what sucks more: the audit or the fact that I know enough to be required on the audit the whole damn time.
I keep telling myself it's just a few days, no big deal. But it's just a few days of 14-hour long workdays, explaining multiple claims universes claim by claim - why this claim rejected that way or this way, what logic was built in, justifying it with supporting legislation then walking down through all the calculations. And it would've been nice of someone to tell me I'm apparently running the show.

By the time I got home this evening at 9:30, my brain was so addled, I actually understood what my daughter was talking about when she got up sleep-talking about the shape of bread.


No comments: