Saturday, February 13, 2010

Keee-rap.

Week 1 after maternity leave was...anticlimactic. At best. Day one was nice. I was provided with a really nice lactation room, which was an absolutely wonderful surprise. I was seriously considering whether I wanted to quit sooner rather than later over it. It may sound stupid, but I really don't want work dictating how I can feed my baby, and I'm not a huge fan of pumping in public bathrooms. I was planning to buy Whisper Wear so I could just do it in my car, but they went out of business.

Anyway, the lactation room was a huge load off my mind, and the place they set up for me was really nice - two comfy chairs, a desk, a fridge, a bookcase. Much nicer than ESI. Unfortunately, though, that was the best thing about coming back. All my work was waiting for me. How is it possible that someone is gone three months and nothing gets done? I was gone during the single busiest time of the year for my product. Plus, I woke up Tuesday to two flat tires. I only found out they were flat after I realized I'd lost my security badge and got into my car late. So, here I am stomping around, I get in my car, drive about two blocks and pull over, check my tires and drive home. I'm waiting for the tow truck to arrive and searching the whole house for my badge when I decide to just drive on my rims to the tire place down the road. I go to my car door and there, frozen in the ice, is my badge. On the street. So I break the ice with my shoes, pick it up and go on my way.

So that was Tuesday. Now Evelyn has RSV. Well, I guess she's had it for a while - it just took a while to show up. It's not as terrifying as it was with Ragsy. She hasn't stopped breathing, thank God. Though I think she might have yet another ear infection. Anyway, I think the RSV peaked last night and is subsiding. Unfortunately, if she won't nurse on one side tomorrow, I'll probably have to call the doc or go to the pediatric acute care center for an ear infection. And did I mention that I now have RSV, too? I'm sure that being up for nearly 24 hours two days in a row didn't improve my chances for holding out.

I hope this week isn't going to set the tone for things to come in the future.

No comments: