Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Speaking of health insurance...

Ours is going to get a workout this year. Already Evelyn has had conjunctivitis, an infection in each ear and Ragsy has also had a double ear infection. This morning, he woke with a fever of 104, stating that he was really tired, which is always a huge warning flag for us. He's never tired. Ever. Anyway, after a visit to the doctor, he was proclaimed healthy, even though I couldn't get his fever to go down earlier, which figures.

The way his illnesses usually work: he wakes up, burning hot with chills and acting really off - super whiny, exhausted, clingy, not hungry, etc. I take his temperature and find it's some ungodly high number, so I dose with some Tylenol and, if it doesn't got down, call the doctor. They tell me to bring him in. I bring him in and, by the time we get there, the fever is gone, he's happy and well rested (because he slept late that morning since he was feverish), and proclaimed healthy as a horse and I'm advised that he can go to preschool. Then I have a kid bouncing off the walls all day. The next morning rolls around, I'm excited because he can go to preschool, and his fever is back, along with weird behavior. Rinse, repeat until late Friday morning when it all goes away and he makes like the Road Runner in Wile E. Coyote cartoons until Monday when he's out the door. Good times.

No comments: