Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Silver lining?

This week has been...almost indescribable. I may need to put my cat down. Actually, she's doing much better, but I'm still trying to decide what kind of quality of life a cat with pancreatitis, kidney failure and high blood pressure can have, even though the kitty version of the intensive care says she's doing much better. Did you know that high blood pressure can make a cat hemmorage behind her eyes? I didn't. I didn't want to know, either. On a more practical note, I'm also wondering how much cash I can legitimately shell out to keep my cat alive. Not a whole lot more.

Unfortunately, the near demise of white cat had an impact - a bad one - and Ragsy hurt a kid at school. Not intentionally, but his habitual throwing led to someone else getting injured. Then, instead of being remorseful, he apparently tried to hit a teacher, started spitting (thank God the only way he knows to spit is blowing raspberries) and screaming.

Anyway, things are not necessarily better. But they seem to be stabilizing anyway. While I was stressed out over the past few days, I managed to misplace a check from my FSA for a substantial amount, so right now I'm ticked, feel really stupid and am ready to pass out, all at the same time. But maybe there's a silver lining. Maybe. Right now I just want to go to bed and pretend this week never happened.

2 comments:

BriteLady said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your kitty is sick. We've been there, unfortunately, with the pancreatitis, the huge vet bills, and all :(

So *hugs* to you, and pet and snuggle that kitty all you like. She'll know she's loved. And tough as it will be for Ragsy to lose his pet, it is good for him to learn how to lovingly take care of someone who's sick,and to let them go if that's what has to happen.

HiddenChicken said...

Thanks for the well wishes. I wish I could see her more - she's still at the clinic and they prefer to have visitors in the middle of the day, so I haven't seen her since Monday. I hope she gets better.