Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hello, darkness, my old friend.

I hate that it's now dark when I wake up. Hate it, hate it, hate it. Plus, my son has begun to wake up in the middle of the night again. On the bright side, he's waking up because he feels the urge to pee, not because of continued sleep issues. Unfortunately, he wakes up after he's peed, but it's a sure step in the right direction. Too bad he wants to play after I've cleaned him up. When he woke up this morning at 3:30, once he was clean again, he insisted it was daytime and therefore time to get a pirate costume. Right.

Thanks to a combination of getting kicked, my son singing to himself rather loudly next door and general discomfort, I didn't fall asleep again until almost 5, about an hour before my alarm went off. Then I got up in the dark - again - while everyone else was asleep.

The crummy, wet, gloomy weather isn't helping, either. And I need to rip my tomato plants out and mow the lawn and rake our leaves off the neighbor's lawn and do a zillion other things to get ready for the fall - oh, yeah, and there's the small matter of having that baby - and it's dark and raining all the freaking time. Grrr...

At least I have a changing area together for the baby. That's a step in the right direction. Now if I can get myself on the treadmill tomorrow in addition to the 30 minutes during the day that I force myself to walk in the parking lot at work, I'll be golden.

No comments: