Sunday, June 1, 2008

Loose ends.

I'm at loose ends right now. My husband and son are on their way back from a morning at the zoo and I'm going to leave soon to meet a friend for lunch. I've cleaned out my dresser, making room for slimmer clothing, and am now stumped as to what to do. The place still looks like a bomb went off and I'll probably fold laundry shortly to occupy my hands, but I still find myself trying to relax a little. And it's weird because relaxing takes more effort than cleaning does.

The weekend has been a good one so far. I haven't gotten much on my To-Do list done, but we did all get out to the Ren Faire yesterday, though now for quite long enough. To my delight, one of the side effects of having lost some weight is not getting so sweaty so easily. Yes, I was pretty slick by the end of the trip - carrying a 30-pound toddler who's also sweaty will do that to you - but I was surprised how, even in 85-degree heat and high humidity how much higher my threshold was for heat. I still have a ways to go with the weight loss, but it's a bit like taking off a winter coat already.

Anyway, on my list of to-dos for my two days:
  • Take clothing to Goodwill
  • Organize study
  • Organize kitchen
  • Vacuum
  • Finish organizing living room
  • Feed soil
  • Lay mulch
  • Plant the rest of the dianthus
  • Create bed and feed soil, then put my green beans and peppers in the ground
  • Thin coriander and mint plants
  • If time allows, remove bathroom wallpaper

It's a pretty long list for two days and doesn't include all the other stuff I want to do. It's funny - I tend to do a lot of manual labor on my days off. But it's more satisfying than being at work, even though I actually get money for that. Mostly it's because I get to enjoy directly the fruits (sometimes literally, with my veggies & herbs) of my labor. At work? No way.

1 comment:

flatflo said...

Instead of carting clothing off to Goodwill, we found this place that has a nice website, including pickup request form, and almost no work on our end:

http://clothingpickupstl.com/doorToDoor.htm

I can't help with any of the other chores, however!
-Laurat