Saturday, June 14, 2008

Movie!

My husband and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie last night - the first movie we've seen since March. He really enjoyed it. So did I, though going to a movie for me isn't what it once was. For me, enjoying a movie no longer is really about the movie itself (though if it's a particularly bad one, I'm sure it would be) but more about the fact that I'm at the movie and not at home and probably didn't have to cook or clean beforehand.

Anyway, we've seen exactly three movies in the last three and a half years - Chronicles of Narnia the December before Ragsy was born; The 300 last March; and Indiana Jones last night. I was amazed how, over just a few short years, how few people there are in the theater. On the one hand, paying for a movie is kind of painful. Especially so for us yesterday, when seeing a movie wound up costing us $40. Yes, you read that right.

The deal was that I had gotten the tickets online initially and stupidly didn't think to use my regular credit card number - I used a secure online number instead and didn't write it down. I figured - hey, they gave me a confirmation number. That's what they're for, right? Apparently not. The confirmation numbers they give you? Useless at the movie theater. You have to have your credit card number. Yes, this is probably movie going 101, but still - what are those confirmation numbers for anyway? They couldn't call up our order with it, couldn't use the credit card of which the secure number was based, so we had to buy another set of tickets. Oh, well. I'm going to harass someone about it.

Just last year this would have really pissed me off, but I no longer have the inclination for recreational outrage as much as I used to (don't worry - I still retain some, for my friends' and family's viewing pleasure).

Despite that, the movie experience was a good one. I'm glad I went. Wonder what we'll see in 2009?

No comments: